Saturday, May 27, 2006

My Idiot Brother & Assorted Other Tales

It's been a weird couple of days. First my brother was nearly arrested when he was found to be in possession of alcohol at the lake, and failed a breathalyzer, only to respond "I didn't know I was drinking." Eesh.

Today, while I was out, two drunk guys came to the front door and began thrashing about, yelling about how my brother had beaten up one of their "homies" and that they had to "go through them next time." Then they knocked my mailbox over. Then the cops came. My brother hasn't been in a fight for several months, and he had no idea who these guys where.

Past the standard issue little brother insanity, I helped my buddy Silent John move today. He'd been living out of town, but has now returned to the land of Jayhawks and...well that's pretty much it. His couch is heavy and his wife was cranky. Their dog was cute though. It's good to see John again.

I find I'm growing increasingly bored with myself as of late. There's a saying I heard once that rings more true every day; "I would enjoy being alone more if I could tolerate my company." I rarely leave the house, and I don't talk to anyone. At least my brother has interesting adventures I can live vicariously through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home